About Me

My photo
I am a believer in God, a mom, a wife and a lover of winter!

Friday, February 4, 2011

What's that smell?

Smells. Odors. They can bring about some of our most powerful and special memories.  For me it's the smell of a car shop.  My grandpa has been buying wrecked cars and rebuilding them since before I was born.  I remember watching him work in his shop and even helping him at times when I got older.  My dad also worked down there with him.  No matter where I am, passing a man on the street who is covered in car grease or sitting next to one at a restaurant, if I smell that smell all of those wonderful memories come back to me.

Coffee is another strong memory smell for me.  My first job was working for my dad.  My duties were to clean his office which included things like vacuuming, dusting, emptying trash cans and of course, cleaning out the coffee pot.  I hated coffee up until I graduated college but I have always loved the smell.
Smell happily!
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment