About Me

My photo
I am a believer in God, a mom, a wife and a lover of winter!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Words, words, words

I was listening to one of the christian radio stations (I can't remember which one) and they were talking about how they do a Word of the Year.  They challenge the listeners to pray to God to give them a word for the year.  Maybe it's something they need to work on or something to remember.  They encouraged people to email or call in with the word that God was speaking to them.  Words like, humble, encouraging, selflessness, etc. One of the DJ's was sharing her word and she said that God kept telling her the word "clean". So she decided to look up the definition just to see what it said and she had said that the first definition she found said "free from darkness." Wow.  How amazing is that.  I thought that was so cool.  I was even going to post about it here in my blog.  So I sat down and got out my dictionary and looked for what it said.  And, to my great disappointment, I couldn't find that definition anywhere.  I looked in every online dictionary I could find. So I decided to look up some other good words.  Here I think is a great word for the year:

TRANSPARENT.  First definition from Webster: "having the property of transmitting light without appreciable scattering so that bodies lying beyond are seen clearly."

"..so that bodies lying beyond are seen clearly." Hmmmmm.....chew on that for a while.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment